Mrs. Elizabeth Omotosho, mother of the national chairman of the Labour Party( LP), Dr Mike Omotosho, kidnapped eight days ago has been freed by her abductors.
The 71 year old woman, it was gathered was set free Friday’s night by the suspected kidnappers, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
Mrs Omotosho was kidnapped at her Tanke, GRA, residence, Ilorin, Kwara state penultimate Sunday by unknown four gunmen .
Her abductors had demanded N100 million ransom before the old woman could be released to her family.
The National Chairman of LP, Dr Mike Omotosho, confirmed the release of his mother in a statement made available to newsmen in Ilorin on Sunday.
He, however,said no ransom was paid to secure the release of her mother.
Omotosho thanked well meaning Nigerians, who stood by the family while the ordeal of their matriarch lasted.
“Let me on behalf of the entire Omotosho clan use this opportunity to say a big thank you to everyone who in one way or another stood with us during the almost 120 hours ordeal.
“We also appreciate the Nigerian security forces and the media for the effective and timely aid. We appreciate all your calls and prayers and pray that none of you ever have to experience such unpleasantness.
May the Lord uproot this evil scourge in our society. My mom is well and was not harmed in any way, for that we are eternally grateful,” he stated.
The spokesman of the state police command, Ajayi Okasanmi, said the state commissioner of police, Mr Lawan Ado, would formally brief the public on the rescue of Mrs Elizabeth Omotosho today (Monday).
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide