Super Eagles captain, John Mikel Obi, has identified Argentina and Barcelona captain, Lionel Messi as his ‘greatest world footballer’.
Mikel has played against Messi on several occasions; most recent was the Group D fixture at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
The Tiajin Teda midfielder captained the Super Eagles as they were defeated 2-1 by Messi’s led Argentina.
A strike from former Nigerian international, Victor Moses and goals from Messi and Marcos Rojo ensured victory for the South Americans.
“There is no controversy. Lionel Messi is simply the greatest footballer to have ever played football,” Mikel was quoted by The Nation as saying.
“Across many competitions, I have been on the same pitch with him. I therefore know what I am saying.”
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai