Super Eagles captain, John Mikel Obi, has identified Argentina and Barcelona captain, Lionel Messi as his ‘greatest world footballer’.
Mikel has played against Messi on several occasions; most recent was the Group D fixture at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
The Tiajin Teda midfielder captained the Super Eagles as they were defeated 2-1 by Messi’s led Argentina.
A strike from former Nigerian international, Victor Moses and goals from Messi and Marcos Rojo ensured victory for the South Americans.
“There is no controversy. Lionel Messi is simply the greatest footballer to have ever played football,” Mikel was quoted by The Nation as saying.
“Across many competitions, I have been on the same pitch with him. I therefore know what I am saying.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor