The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji (Dr) Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, has called for fervent prayers for the country against reoccurrence of future tragedies which are capable of throwing the nation into complete darkness and state of national mourning.
The emir described the Friday’s military plane crash incident which claimed the life of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru and other ranking officers of the military as “one disaster too many for Nigerians to bear in the face of numerous challenges militating against the unity and prosperity of the nation.”
In a condolence message issued by his Spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, the Emir who expressed deep sadness over the unfortunate circumstance described late Gen. Attahiru as a gallant, committed and courageous soldier whose short period in office witnessed landmark achievements in the fight against insurgency in the country.
“Indeed,the late Army Chief and other air crash victims have paid the ‘supreme price’ as they all died in active service, may Almighty Allah be pleased with their souls and give their families and loved ones the fortitude to bear the catastrophic consequences of their demise”, Alhaji Sulu-Gambari said.
He however commiserated with President Muhammadu Buhari, members of the Nigeria Armed Forces, government and people of the respective states of origin of the deceased, friends, associates and humanity in general for the irreplaceable loss.
The Emir besieged Almighty Allah to accept their good deeds, forgive their shortcomings and reward them with Al-janatul firdaos.
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*
- Meet Prince Fahad Okechukwu Emetumah, a Lawyer turned Musician
- Only security can guarantee peace, economic growth –Minister
- UNSCR 2250: FG, groups seek support for lasting peace among youths
- FG, Foreign Football Agents, Others Partner Obasa Cup
- Senators donate N1m each to victims of Kaduna drone misfire
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector