The Kwara State House of Assembly has directed its Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Judiciary to thoroughly investigate the impersonation of Kwarans during recruitment into the Nigerian Army, to check the trend.
The House took the decision, following a Motion titled “Shortchanging Kwarans through Substituting of Candidates during recruitment exercise into the Nigerian Army” raised by a member representing Kaiama/Kemanji/ Wajibe Constituency Hon. Ahmed Ibn Mohammed at the floor of the House.
Reading the resolutions of the House, the Speaker, Dr. Ali Ahmad who described the practice as fraudulent, serious and capable of mortgaging the future of youth of the State,said the legislature has mandated its Committee to thoroughly investigate the fraudulent practice by visiting the recruitment centre in the military barrack , with a view to finding out the veracity of the claims and the current process of recruitment into the Army.
This, the Speaker said would assist the House in establishing whether the affected Candidates obtained the State of origin Certificates through racketeering in the Army or through the back door.
Dr. Ahmad expressed confidence that the investigation by the Committee would assist the House in proffering enduring solutions to the fraudulent practices,to protect the future of Youth of the State.
Hon. Ibn Mohammed had while raising the Motion, recalled that the House had on December, 2015 unanimously urged the State Government to petition the military authority about the incident and called on the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice of the state to prosecute those identified to be impersonating Kwarans, especially at the level of recruitment exercise and other job opportunities.
Hon Mohammed said he was disturbed that the flagrant disregarding of the House resolution had led to repeated practices, thereby making the objective of KWIRS on citizenship registration unrealisable.
Other members who contributed on the motion expressed worry and urged the House to institute an Ad- Hoc Committee to investigate and invite the Secretary to the State Government as well as the State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice to brief the House on steps so far taken to implement the earlier resolutions of the house and why the identified Culprits as contained in the earlier resolutions had not been prosecuted.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation