The Kwara State House of Assembly has directed its Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Judiciary to thoroughly investigate the impersonation of Kwarans during recruitment into the Nigerian Army, to check the trend.
The House took the decision, following a Motion titled “Shortchanging Kwarans through Substituting of Candidates during recruitment exercise into the Nigerian Army” raised by a member representing Kaiama/Kemanji/ Wajibe Constituency Hon. Ahmed Ibn Mohammed at the floor of the House.
Reading the resolutions of the House, the Speaker, Dr. Ali Ahmad who described the practice as fraudulent, serious and capable of mortgaging the future of youth of the State,said the legislature has mandated its Committee to thoroughly investigate the fraudulent practice by visiting the recruitment centre in the military barrack , with a view to finding out the veracity of the claims and the current process of recruitment into the Army.
This, the Speaker said would assist the House in establishing whether the affected Candidates obtained the State of origin Certificates through racketeering in the Army or through the back door.
Dr. Ahmad expressed confidence that the investigation by the Committee would assist the House in proffering enduring solutions to the fraudulent practices,to protect the future of Youth of the State.
Hon. Ibn Mohammed had while raising the Motion, recalled that the House had on December, 2015 unanimously urged the State Government to petition the military authority about the incident and called on the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice of the state to prosecute those identified to be impersonating Kwarans, especially at the level of recruitment exercise and other job opportunities.
Hon Mohammed said he was disturbed that the flagrant disregarding of the House resolution had led to repeated practices, thereby making the objective of KWIRS on citizenship registration unrealisable.
Other members who contributed on the motion expressed worry and urged the House to institute an Ad- Hoc Committee to investigate and invite the Secretary to the State Government as well as the State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice to brief the House on steps so far taken to implement the earlier resolutions of the house and why the identified Culprits as contained in the earlier resolutions had not been prosecuted.
- Emir of Ilorin condoles former AMCON chairman, Kola Belgore over wife’s death
- NiMet signs MoU with Sahel Consulting on agricultural improvement
- Buhari responsible for rot in Nigeria– Igboho
- NLC protest action may bring anarchy– TUC
- Former Kwara NUJ secretary, Timothy Nathaniel for burial Feb. 26-27
- Account for toll gate, parking lots fees since 2015, Court orders FAAN
- Adamawa hunters collaborate with Army to fight criminalities
- CSOs urge NASS to probe FG over $3.4billion COVID-19 loan, subsidy savings, others
- ARRANT NONSENSE: MURIC REPLIES MAN WHO SAID REMI TINUBU SHOULD BE KILLED
- JUST IN…. Former NBA national president, emerges as LP guber candidate in Edo