The Miners Association of Nigeria has called on the Federal Government to check the activities of Chinese nationals scavanging mining sites for Lithium mineral.
Mr Dele Ayanleke, the National Secretary of the association made the call in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Wednesday in Abuja.
He said that the rate at which Chinese had invaded mining sites searching for lithium mineral was alarming.
According to him, lithium is one of the main materials for producing batteries used in powering electric cars and the whole world is clamouring to go green leaving fossil fuel behind.
“Chinese are moving from mining sites to mining sites scavenging and mopping our raw lithium mineral at cheap rate to develop their industries and economy.
“This is not good for the future of our economy, what this means is that Nigeria will end up buying electric batteries from them.
“Government should safeguard our lithium and revive all the moribund companies producing batteries in Nigeria and start using the lithium to produce electric batteries,” he said.
He said that government should withdraw 100 per cent ownership of mineral mined accorded to foreign miners operating in Nigeria.
“Allowing Chinese to have 100 per cent mining assets is not good enough for the indigenous mining investors.
” Allowing Chinese to enter into every mining site is one of the reasons kidnapping is on the increase in Nigeria because they are the major target for kidnappers.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign