The Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has assured that the sacrifice of the serving and retired members of the Nigerian Armed Forces will not be in vain.
The Minister stated this when members of the Committee of retired Generals in Lagos paid a courtesy call on him at the Ministry of Defence Headquarters Abuja, as contained in a statement issued by Mohammad AbdulKadri, the Special Assistant Media and Publicity to the minister.
He said, "the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari is passionate about the wellbeing of the Military retirees.
"Militry retirees are enjoying prompt payment of their improved pensions and other entitlements under the present administration of President Muhammadu Buhari."
Magashi, who is also a member of the Committee of the retired Generals thanked them for the visit aimed at showing appreciation to the President for making life of the Military retirees much better.
The Chairman Committee of Generals of the Nigerian Armed Forces in Lagos, Air vice Marshal Bayo Lawal (rtd) said the visit achieved its intended purpose on how to strengthen the Committee.
Lawal who was a former Military Administrator of Old Benue State and former Minister of Social Development, Youth and Sport thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for approving improved welfare package they have been agitating for over the years.
"The Committee is proud of the Minister of Defence for the good job he is doing to raise the bar of Service in the Military”, he added.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion