The Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (retd) is strengthening Nigeria’s Defence Cooperation with the Armed Forces of Countries participating in the Multinational Joint Task Force, MNJTF towards invigorating the fight against insecurity in the region.
This came to the fore when the Defence Minister granted audience to the 8 – man delegation of the Senegalese Armed Forces led by its Inspector General Maj Gen Daouda Niang who came on courtesy call on him at the Ship House Headquarters of the Ministry of Defence, Abuja.
Maj Gen Magashi harped on the need to step up bilateral and multilateral Military cooperations through Joint Trainings and retraining of personnel.
He explained further that such a well packaged robust Military training will build the capacities of the prospective benefiaries to change the tide against the adversaries fueling cross boarder criminal activities.
He outlined various opportunities that abound in the Armed Forces Military training Institutions in Nigeria which he assured that they are available for Senegalese candidates to buy into for enhanced combat efficiency.
While sharing his experience as ECOMOG Commander 15 Brigade with the Inspector General of the Senegalese Armed Forces who coincidentally participated in the regional operational combat in Liberia, the Minister indicated the readiness of the Nigerian Armed Forces in giving support towards raising the standard of the Senegalese Armed Forces Staff College when called upon to render such service.
In his remark earlier, the Leader of delegation of the Armed Forces of Senegal, Maj Gen Daouda Niang appreciated whar he described as the big brother role Nigeria is playing in the Economic Community of West African States, ECOWAS.
Gen. Niang therefore sought for enhanced existing Military cooperation with Nigeria in the efforts of the Senegalese Armed Forces to fully professionalise.
He thanked the Minister of Defence for the audience and assured him of continuous cooperation of the Armed Forces of Senegal with the Nigerian Counterpart in the areas deemed necessary bilaterally.
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity
- Opposition behind naira frustration– Lai Mohammed
- Breaking…. IPMAN orders fuel stations to shutdown operations
- Turkey-Syria Earthquake: Death toll crosses 5,000
- Atiku pays courtesy visit to Bauchi traditional rulers
- FG tasks Hajj Institute on best services to pilgrims
- Man United massively transformed under Ten Hag – De Gea
- Naira redesign: Don’t make Nigerians scapegoats, says Atiku