The Minister of Transportation, Hon. Rotimi Amaechi, has tasked the contractors handling the Lekki Deep Seaport project with quick delivery to enable the government approve all the necessary processes before the next election.
Amaechi stated this while inspecting the ongoing construction of the Lekki Deep Seaport Project on Saturday in Lagos and commended the contractors for the progress of work done in less than five months.
He said: “I want to congratulate you for the very huge progress, by the time we came here, there was no Civil works, it was just pure sand, you have tried.
” I am suggesting that if you work day and night you would have gone far and complete the work before commissioning, if the President see it, approval will be easier.”
The minister further disclosed that, “You need to speed up the work, so we can get approval from the government side before election, process of election will be completed in July because by law, six months to election people start politics, if you wait till that time, you won’t meet anyone in the office.
“If you can assure me that by July you have finished the buildings, get the crane then we can commission it.”
Amaechi, however noted that the port should be automated to avoid all forms of physical contact.
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks
- Celine Dion cancels shows over incurable disease
- Reps disagree with CBN, orders suspension of cash withdrawal limit
- Abducted Ondo monarch regains freedom
- Petrol price disparity: Marketers issue seven-day ultimatum
- KWASSIP starts public workfare programme to alleviate poverty
- Again, naira loses to dollar, exchanges at 445.83
- Sanwo-Olu impregnated my mother in 1994 — Delta man claims he’s gov’s son
- Gov Ortom invites Buhari to commission Benue project