The Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) is advocating peaceful co-existence and National prayer to successfully put an end to all security challenges facing the country.
Magashi made the appeal against the backdrop of the mood of the nation as Christians in Nigeria join the global Community to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, according to a statement issued by his Spokesman, Mohammad Abdulkadri, on Friday.
He said Chrismas and new year celebrations provide veritable timeous opportunity to mainstream national inspirations and aspirations for total defeat of all threats to the nation in our collective and individual communions with God especially at this auspicious time of the special church services in all parts of the country.
While felicitating and congratulating all Christians at home and in diaspora for witnessing this year’s yuletide season, he called for Christ-like disposition capable of deepening peaceful co-existence, tolerance and genuine act of being our brother’s keeper, irrespective of religeous differences.
The Defence Minister also urged Christians to specifically and specially make the fighting forces who are daily defending the nation’s territorial integrity their prayer point to emerge victorious in all campaigns across the country.
He prayed for hitch-free Christmas and New year 2022 celebrations even as the troops continued to decimate and degrade the camps and corridors of the adversaries in a decisive final onslaught to entrench lasting peace in all troubled areas in the country.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Ndudi Elumelu wins PDP Reps ticket for 5th term
- FG imposes new tax on phone-calls to fund healthcare
- Abia Speaker wins PDP’s ticket for House of Reps
- Ali Isa emerges as PDP’s Balanga/Billiri Federal Constituency, Gombe, candidate
- Breaking…..Wahab Issa, Mohammed Ajia declared winner of PDP Reps primaries
- Lagos PDP calls for cancellation of primaries
- Commission begins screening of intending Christian pilgrims
- Ortom expresses satisfaction with work on roads, other projects
- 2023 Presidency: Lawan begs Kano to swing in his favour
- I’ll reform education sector if elected president —Lawan