Nigeria’s Defence Minister, Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has congratulated Nigerians on the auspicious occasion of the celebration of the Nation’s 23rd unbroken years of democratic governance.
Magashi stated that this year’s DEMOCRACY DAY Celebration has put the country On a global map as a leading democratic nation, according to a statement by his spokesman, Mohammad Abdulkadri.
He therefore felicitate with President Muhammadu Buhari whom he described as an avowed number one democrat under whose regime the country has attained a paradigm shift in widening institutional capabilities to grow democracy capable of competing favourably with advanced democracies of the world.
While Commending the Military under the Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, for surbordinating to civilian rule, the defence minister extoled the virtues of the founding fathers of the country for bequething a virile nation and acknowledged the sacrifices of the heroes of democracy from 1999 to date.
Magashi also seized the opportunity of the celebration of the democratic nationhood to appreciate the troops in the various theatres of combats for doggedly clearing the doubts of the challengers of the nation’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.
He therefore instructed them to remain resolutely gallant in defending the indivisibility of the Country as an uncompromising democratic nation.
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt