The Minister of Defence, Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (Rtd) has assured Military Widows of continous support in the tasks of making life worth living for their families.
He noted that the concerns shown by the ministry is a measure of love and respect the present administration of the Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari has for the fallen heroes and bread winners of their families who laid down their lives in service to the country.
This is contained in a statement issued by the Special Assistant to the Minister on Media and Publicity, Mohammad AbdulKadri on Tuesday.
Magashi stated this in a message to the maiden week and N50 million secretariat launch of the Military Widows Association held at the Tukur Buratai Hall, Nigerian Army Resource Centre, Abuja.
Represented by his Special Adviser Technical, Major General Ahmed Tijani Jibrin (rtd), the minister lauded the initiatives of the leadership of the group for creating a platform for members to speak with one voice on matters bordering on their welfare and the training of their children.
While assuring the widows of the support of the Ministry of Defence at all times, Magashi encouraged the Chief of Defence Staff, Service Chiefs, Heads of Defence Institutions and well meaning Nigerians to support the projects.
“When completed, the Secretariat will serve as baston of empowerment for acquisition of Skills for the Soldiers’ wives and the less privileged”, he said.
The minister however advised the leadership of Military Widows Association to maintain probity and accountability in the management of the funds raised for the proposed project and to shun wasteful expenditures in all their endeavours.
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget
- Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service insists on e-payment in hospitals
- Buhari invested more in vulnerable women, youth– Minister
- Buhari’s appointees sabotaging his administration– APC Stakeholders
- INEC won’t disappoint Nigerians in 2023 General Election– REC
- NYSC DG warns corps members against unauthorised trips
- 2023 election: Tinubu’s presidential bid is a divine project – Kekemeke
- 2023 Election: Clergy advises Nigerians to protect their votes
- Civil Society Organisations in Borno empathise with Nigerians over cash crunch
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement