Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajiya Sadiya Umar-Faruk, says she has forgiven those who accused her of hiding COVID-19 palliatives meant for the poor.
She stated this while fielding questions from journalists in Gusau on Monday in Gusau.
“I am aware many people have made various spurious allegations and accusations against my person and my ministry over the way we distributed Federal Government palliatives to cushion the effect of COVID-19.
“I have always said I am carrying out my duties and responsibilities to the best of my ability and with fairness to all parts of the country.
“Now that they have realized their mistakes, l will only pray to God to forgive us all,” she maintained.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the minister had earlier paid homage to the Emir of Gusau, Alhaji Ibrahim Bello, where the monarch appealed to the federal government to take second look at the security situation in the state.
“The federal government should support the state in opening more access roads to expose the hideouts of criminal elements and give security operatives easier access to counter all terrorists.
“We should also be considered for more federal appointments because currently, we only have one federal permanent secretary.
“I want to assure you that we will continue to support all federal government programmes geared towards improving the wellbeing of the people,” the emir said.
Contact: [email protected]
- First Bank team visits KAM Holding CEO, Kamoru Yusuf in Ilorin
- After jumping bail, EFCC produces fugitive ex-pension boss Maina in court
- Osun Assembly to work speedily on Bill to protect people living with disabilities
- Sanction contractors who fail to complete projects, FRC advises MDAs
- Children with disabilities most disadvantaged during COVID-19 – UNICEF
- Verdict expected as trial of exiled journalist resumes in Turkey
- FG approves charges on new Lagos-Ibadan rail
- Libyan justice ministry welcomes lifting of travel ban on Gadhafi family members
- Lawyer solicits support for orphanages
- India’s central bank projects faster economic recovery
- News11 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- Metro8 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics11 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)