The Nigeria Prisons Service in Niger says 51 inmates out of the 210 inmates that escaped from the Minna Medium Security Prison on June 3, have been recaptured.
The Controller of Prisons in the state, Mr Mustapha Iliyasu, made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Minna on Wednesday.
Iliyasu said that the inmates were recaptured through the combined efforts of security agencies in the state.
According to him, prison officials and other security operatives are making concerted efforts to recapture the remaining inmates.
He appealed to the public to assist the service with useful information that would aid the recapturing of the fleeing inmates.
He said that security had been tightened in and around all prison formations in the state, to forestall future recurrence.
The controller appealed to the state government to make good its promise of assisting the service with logistics to ease operational duties.
NAN reports that attack on the Prison by gunmen also led to the death of two persons.
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74
- Tinubu for nationwide address on Nigeria @ 63
- Nigeria At 63: We Are On Track For Economic Recovery, Says Obasa
- Nigeria Undoubtedly On Path To Greatness Despite Challenges –Lawan