Mohammed Barau gets Staff of Office as 7th Sarkin Sudan Kontagora
Niger State Government on Sunday formally presented Staff of Office to Alh. Mohammed Barau Kontagora as the 7th Emir (Sarkin Sudan) of Kontagora Emirate.
At the well attended coronation ceremony which was held at the Federal College of Education, Kontagora, Governor Abubakar Sanni Bello, pledged his continuous support to traditional institution in a bid to further promote peaceful coexistence in the society.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the event was witnessed by the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar, Etsu Nupe and Chairman Niger State Traditional Rulers Council, Alhaji Yahaya Abubakar, Etsu Patigi, Alhaji Umar Bologi II, Emir of Kagara, Emir of Kaura Namoda, Emir of Borgu, and Emir of Suleja among others.
It was gathered the State Government had earlier in a press statement signed by Emmanuel Umar, Hon. Commissioner Ministry for Local Government, Community Development & Chieftaincy Affairs and made available to newsmen approved the selection of the 7th Emir (Sarkin Sudan) of Kontagora on Sunday 19th of September, 2021 in Kontagora.
The selection was done by the Kingmakers of the Kontagora Emirate in line with the Customary Laws and Practice of the Kontagora Emirate.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Release arrested Eze Igbo immediately – Igbo Youths to DSS
- Obiajulu Uja: Lawyer claims man arrested mentally challenged
- I can marry man above 60 – Linda John
- WAEC releases 2023 results
- DSS, police arrest Eze Igbo who threatened to invite IPOB to Lagos
- Fayose threatens to sue PDP for suspending him, demands apology
- APC suspends NDDC Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie
- Lagos Govt to repair Third Mainland Bridge on Sunday
- APC group disowns former D-G
- APC optimistic of victory in Sokoto supplementary poll