Nigerian Internet sensation Ismaila Mustapha, popularly known as Mompha, has described his return to his country, Nigeria as a disaster.
In a post he shared via his Instagram, Mompha who has an ongoing court case centered on money laundering expressed hope of all his challenges becoming a thing of the past.
Sharing a picture of himself, he wrote,
“2 years ago when you don’t knw coming to ur country will be a disaster. Surely it will all come to past”
Recall that, last month, Mompha was released by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), two weeks after he was re-arrested by the anti-graft agency in Lagos.
Mompha was on Friday, August 14th, rearrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over alleged money laundering, when he went to the EFCC office in Ikoyi, Lagos.
He was at the office to reclaim his five wristwatches, one Apple Air pod, one iPhone 8 mobile phones and one pair of sunglasses seized from him when he was initially arrested in october 2019, by the anti-graft agency.
Following an application by his lawyer, Mr Gboyega Oyewole (SAN), Justice Mohammed Liman on July 24 ordered the EFCC to release the items to Mompha.
The judge ruled since the items were not listed as exhibits in the money laundering charges filed against Mompha, the EFCC had no justification to continue to hold onto them.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion