A young mum took her own life, leaving behind her three-year-old son, after years of trying to get help for her mental health.
Casey Thornhill, 21, from Sheffield, South Yorks, killed herself on Wednesday, December 16, after being diagnosed with borderline personality disorder (BPD), Yorkshire Live reports.
She leaves behind three-year-old lad Noah and family friend Rachel Jackson has set up a GoFundMe page to raise money for the boy who has been left without a mother.
Heartbroken Rachel said: “She was a lovely person, vibrant and full of life. She had some really good friends and most of all she was a fantastic mum.
“Her mum Julia fought to get her the right help and Casey did too once she became an adult.
“She had just started treatment before her death, but obviously it was just too later for her.
“At the time she was in a really good place and recently had her nails done and bought Christmas pjs for the family.
“But one thing that people don’t realise with BPD is that changes can happen really quickly.”
Casey’s mum Julia wants to raise awareness over the condition so others suffering can get help.
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies
- Commissioner kidnapped in Benue