The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has appealed to all those involved in the ongoing demonstration in Sokoto to calm down and allow peace to reign.
ROYAL NEWS reports that there are reports of ongoing demonstrations in Sokoto today, Saturday, 14th May, 2022 over positions taken on the killing on Thursday of a female student in the state.
This was contained in a terse, three-paragraph statement issued by the director of MURIC, Professor Ishaq Akintola, on Saturday, 14th May, 2022.
“MURIC salutes Governor Aminu Tambuwal, His Eminence the Sultan and the good people of Sokoto. This is not the time to be divided in the state, rather it is the time to unite and work for peace. What happened on Thursday should bring the people of Sokoto together and unite them with the governor and the Sultan.
“As the seat of the caliphate, we must always ensure that Sokoto State is peaceful. The state must be allowed to develop both spiritually and economically. We therefore appeal to all demonstrators to disperse. We must allow our hardworking governor to serve us in peace. Please go home peacefully and return to your lawful duties.
“The Ummah as a whole from Yenagoa to Kaura Namoda and from Lagos to Jigawa has tons of love and immeasurable respect for Sultan Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar.
“We demand same from the Muslim youths in Sokoto State. We therefore urge the youths to leave the streets and return peacefully to their homes as their grievances are being addressed by our amiable governor.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Ndudi Elumelu wins PDP Reps ticket for 5th term
- FG imposes new tax on phone-calls to fund healthcare
- Abia Speaker wins PDP’s ticket for House of Reps
- Ali Isa emerges as PDP’s Balanga/Billiri Federal Constituency, Gombe, candidate
- Breaking…..Wahab Issa, Mohammed Ajia declared winner of PDP Reps primaries
- Lagos PDP calls for cancellation of primaries
- Commission begins screening of intending Christian pilgrims
- Ortom expresses satisfaction with work on roads, other projects
- 2023 Presidency: Lawan begs Kano to swing in his favour
- I’ll reform education sector if elected president —Lawan