A Chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, Alhaji Abubakar Kawu Baraje, has expressed shock on the death of the pioneer Chairman of Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission, Retired Justice Mohammed Mustapha Akanbi.
In a statement issued from his media office in Ilorin on Sunday, Alhaji Baraje said during his lifetime, the late jurist served Allah wholeheartedly, the country diligently and made positive impacts on the society which made him a role model to many people in Nigeria.
“ Justice Mustapha Akanbi Oniyo was a father to all, a truly incorruptible judge, anti-corruption czar and great philanthropist which made him to establish his Non Governmental Organization, Mustapha Akanbi Foundation to cater for the poor and needy in the society”, he added.
The APC Stalwart said the late former President of the Court of Appeal, played greater roles in the fight against corruption and disposition of justice in Nigeria, pointing out that he would be missed by all and remembered for his laudable contributions to the progress of Nigeria and humanity.
Alhaji Baraje condoled the immediate family of late Justice Mustapha Akanbi, the Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu Gambari, the Balogun Gambari, the entire people of Ilorin Emirate, Kwara State at large and Nigeria as a whole on the loss of a great son of the Ilorin Emirate.
He prayed Allah to forgive his shortcomings and grant him Al Banat Fridaus, while also praying Allah to give the family the fortitude to bear the irreplaceable loss.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport