Dr. AbdulKadir in a statement issued in ilorin on Sunday noted that the gravity of loss of the jurist on the people of Ilorin is unquantifiable and irreparable. He said “Justice Akanbi was an exemplary and committed leader”.
The don who is also the founder of Darul Kitab Wa Sunnah College of Arabic and Islamic Studies Gaa-Akanbi, Ilorin, extolled the virtues of Late Justice Akanbi describing him as a visionary community leader and exceptional philanthropist with high taste for acountability and honesty.
He however commiserated with the Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State traditional council, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari over the demise of the Wakili of Ilorin.
Dr. AbdulKadir therefore prayed Allah to forgive his shortcomings and grant him al-janatul firdaos and also give the entire nation the fortitude to bear the colossal loss.
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules