The ongoing face-off between former Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha and his successor, Governor Emeka Ihedioha, at the weekend reached a frightening dimension with the former alleging threats to the life of his daughter, Mrs. Uloma Okorocha-Nwosu and other members of his family.
The duo have been engaged in a running battle since the change of leadership in the state on May 29, 2019.
Okorocha, now the senator representing Imo West Senatorial District in National Assembly, is accusing the state government
of brains behind the alleged threats.
Specifically, the former chairman of All Progressives Congress, APC Governors’ Forum, said thugs believed to be working for the state government were clearly seen in a trending video holding his daughter hostage over claim that she was in possession of property belonging to the state government.
According to him, the incident happened on July 26, 2019 in Owerri, the state capital.
Okorocha, who spoke yesterday through his Personal Assistant, Dr. Ebere Nzewuji, in Abuja, claimed that a top government official (name withheld) allegedly directed thugs to attack his daughter Mrs. Nwosu in Owerri, the state capital.
He said the thugs were seen claiming to have been given special order by the government official to seize his daughter’s vehicle until a counter order was received by them, adding that the incident threw people in area into panic as they scampered for their dear lives.
“You will recollect that few days ago, members said to be from the Imo State recovery team went to her shop, looted things and said they were government property.
“And remember, that they went again to the former first lady’s shop and carted away some containers.
“These were gift items and souvenirs that the former first lady gives out to first ladies and dignitaries on her annual August meeting including items that were sold by her in her furniture shop.
“These things happening in Imo State is very serious. It will lead to a total breakdown of law and order in the state if care is not taken.
“We have reported to the police, even from the last incident and we don’t think any serious action has been taken so far.
“So we are calling on the authorities to do something about it before there is a breakdown of law and order”, he stressed.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector