A housewife, Fatima Mohammed, on Friday asked a Sharia Court in Minna to dissolve her marriage to Abdulrasheed Ogundipe because the husband was not living up to his responsibilities.
The woman, who told the court that the husband had not been providing for the family, added that “my husband had been starving me; there is no food in the house. I want this marriage dissolved.”
She also said she would no longer cope with his behaviour, adding that “my husband does not provide food in the house and I cannot bear it anymore.
“He also does not perform other responsibilities expected of him as the man of the house.
“That is why I am pleading with this court to help me out of this marriage by ending it.”
Ogundipe, who was not in court but was represented by his counsel, Hamza Abdulrahman, prayed the court to give him time to reconcile with the wife.
He said “I will like the court to give me a little time to settle the matter.”
The presiding judge, Ahmed Bima, granted the prayer, saying “I hope the couple will resolve their differences and get back together again.”
Bima advised the couple to give peace a chance, adding that marriage required patience, endurance and understanding.
He adjourned the matter until Feb. 22, for report on the outcome of the reconciliation.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- FAAN inaugurates App for airport taxi
- LASU aims to become best varsity in W’Africa — VC
- Poverty not for any true child of God— RCCG Pastor
- Tinubu was never a minister, Osinbajo was commissioner when I was Speaker— Amaechi
- With your support, I will win – Tinubu tells Bauchi delegates
- Why Kano APC Delegates Should Vote Me — Amaechi
- APC Governorship aspirant resigns from party
- Court sentences 27yr-old student for illicit drug trafficking
- Breaking….. Buhari orders embattled Accountant-General’s suspension
- Deborah: Stop escalation of jungle justice across Nigeria, govt urged