My Life Is At Risk, Rivers Collation Officer Cries Out
Adias, the collation officer appointed by INEC for the Presidential election in Rivers State, said his life and that of his family are at risk.
Prof Adias who is also the Vice Chancellor of the Federal University, Otuoke in Bayelsa State, said this at the resumption of collation at the INEC headquarters in Port Harcourt on Tuesday morning.
He stated, “I have been receiving threats, messages and calls to my life and that of my family for two days now. My picture is all over the social media that I was sent to rig the elections in Rivers State.
“Every one hour, I receive more that one million calls of threats to my life and other things. I hereby stand down collation until the INEC and security agencies can guarantee my safety to continue this national assignment.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Release arrested Eze Igbo immediately – Igbo Youths to DSS
- Obiajulu Uja: Lawyer claims man arrested mentally challenged
- I can marry man above 60 – Linda John
- WAEC releases 2023 results
- DSS, police arrest Eze Igbo who threatened to invite IPOB to Lagos
- Fayose threatens to sue PDP for suspending him, demands apology
- APC suspends NDDC Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie
- Lagos Govt to repair Third Mainland Bridge on Sunday
- APC group disowns former D-G
- APC optimistic of victory in Sokoto supplementary poll