The Executive Chairman of the Kwara State Internal Revenue Service,(KWIRS) Professor Muritala Awodun, highlighted his regrets serving as the agency’s helmsman since 2015.
He noted that his greatest regret after getting the job of KWIRS was that his getting Professorship was affected, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
According to him, “It is a regret because if I’ve not gotten this job in 2015, I was already on my way to where I would be offered the professorship but I have done well by my own standard in terms of starting the revenue service and for me, it is a four year appointment and I’m okay by it”.
Awodun stated this while speaking with journalists at the weekend stressing that after his assignment in KWIRS, he will return to classroom for create platforms for further mentorship.
He commended the Nigerian media for the cordial relationship that has existed between him and the state revenue service and described the KWIRS has the first IRS in Nigeria to be ISO certified.
He however advised the incoming administration in the state to meet up with the initial target of N5 billion monthly internal revenue study carried out by the outgoing administration.
He said: “the incoming government should improve on the present monthly IGR of two billion naira the outgoing government is making as monthly internal generated revenue to N5 billion which was the initial plan and study of the government.
“This will allow the state to be independent of what comes from the federal government because what the state will have internally will be above what it will expect from federal which can help the state to plan better.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal