The member representing Ojomu/Balogun Constituency, in the Kwara State House of Assembly, Hon Saheed Popoola, has denied media report credited to him, that he alleged that 23 other members of the House, received N15m each, before defecting to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Hon Popoola, made the clarification on the floor of the House, following a Matter of Urgent Public Importance, raised by member representing Kaiama/Kemanji/Wajibe Constituency, Hon Ahmed Ibn Mohammed, on the media report credited to the lawmaker.
Hon. Popoola, who denied the media report vehemently, said there was no where he said such, also challenged anybody with proof of where and when he made the allegation,against his colleagues, to bring up the evidence .
The only All Progressives Congress member in the House, said he never talk carelessly, adding that as the only member, who didn’t defect, some people would be desirous of using his name to tarnish the reputation of the House.
Hon Popoola, while praising his colleagues, for their display of maturity, commended the Speaker for handling the matter with high degree of maturity.
He said, the Speaker had demonstrated high degree of patrioticism by placing public interest, above other considerations, saying that he would have been suspended, if it were in other State Houses of Assembly.
Each member had taken time, one after the other, to debunk the allegation of receiving N15m, to defect to the PDP , pointing out that their defection was based on conviction that the APC was not responsive to the yearnings and aspirations of Nigerians.
Responding the Speaker, Dr Ali Ahmad, insisted that he would not suspend any member or declare his seat vacant, in view of the fact that the member failed to defect to the PDP, as it was the case in some APC dominated State Houses of Assembly.
Dr Ahmad explained that members defected to the PDP, in view of the glaring evidence that the APC led government in Nigeria, was incapable of addressing the numerous problems afflicting the nation.
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74