The Chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress, (NLC) Kwara State Chapter, Comrade Yekeen Kareem Agunbiade, stated this in Ilorin while speaking with journalist on Sunday.
He noted that, “If the loan is properly utilized for the agric purpose it is meant for, it would go a long way to improve farming in the state and also reduce the high rate of unemployment due to its multiplying benefits.”
Agunbiade also advised the State government to focus more attention on agriculture in the 2017 budget by encouraging farming system and ensure that the welfare of civil servants particularly clearing the backlog of salary arrears were given top priority .
The NLC chairman however commended the efforts of the state government under the leadership of Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed for ensuring regular payment of the salaries of the core civil servants in the state as well as pensioners even as he pleaded with the government the assist without further delay in the payment of the backlog of salaries owed staff of SUBEB and that of the local government workers.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner