At about 9pm yesterday news began circulating that I had been arrested by the EFCC. This fake news was carried by several media outlets who were either mischievious or misguided.
I would like to state that I went to the EFCC on my own accord, to address the very false allegation made against me recently.
Owing to the respect for my former principal – Former President Muhammadu Buhari and his good office, I did not previously address the open allegation, however it has now become necessary to do so.
Firstly, the decent & appropriate action, should this have been a genuine enquiry, would be to write to the Mininstry for Women Affairs, to enquire about any funds sent to the Ministry.
To immediately jump to the open without any proper formal correspondence is highly unprofessional, portrays a lack of respect for the Ministry of Women Affairs and injurious to my person and character. Furthermore, I will like to state that there was no formal invitation from the anti-graft agency neither was I arrested.
Again out of respect for the professionalism demonstrated by the EFCC, I will make this Press statement a brief one, to allow for a transparent enquiry.
Finally, I urge all leaders in every sphere of our Society and remind them that our Economic and Political infrastructure are to be used to serve the Nation, from the highest office holder to the noblest of us and not to be used as a tool for bias or intimidation.
God Bless Nigeria.
-Dame Pauline K. Tallen, OFR, KSG
- Nigerians should be wary of purveyors of fake news– Soludo
- MURIC HAILS ARMY OVER KADUNA GUN FACTORY DISCOVERY
- JUST IN….NIPR Insists Tinubu’s Spokesperson, Ajuri Ngelale not ‘Qualified’ for PR Job
- My appointment’ll foster closer ties between government and communities— Tinubu’s SSA
- (PHOTOS) Another Kano Princess, Asmau AbdulKadir Marries Iwo High Chief
- Breaking…. Kwara gets new Commissioner of Police, Olaiya Victor Mobolaji
- What police did to late Mohbad’s body after autopsy
- Make peace your priority, PCN National Commandant, Akoh charges Nigerians
- Update On Doctor Who Performed Surgery For Late Adebola Akin-Bright
- EFCC, FRSC Deepen Collaboration in Fighting Corruption