The 16 local government councils in Kwara State are to share the sum of N1.150billion while the State Universal Basic Education (SUBEB) is to get N2.150billion out of the N4b loan obtained by the councils to offset part of the arrears owed their staff.
Chairman of the State Association of Local Governments of Nigeria (ALGON), Mr. Joshua Omokanye, made this known while addressing journalists after an emergency meeting of the State Joint Accounts Allocation Committee (JAAC) held on Monday in Ilorin.
Omokanye who also doubles as the Chairman of Oyun LG, said the 16 local councils agreed to access the loan facility to offset part of the arrears owed their workers, pensioners and SUBEB staff.
According to him, the sum of N400million was earmarked to pay LG pensioners. He added that JAAC also agreed that the sum of N300million should go towards paying allowances owed former political office holders at the LG level.
The ALGON chairman said that the payment of part of the arrears owed the workers would ameliorate their sufferings.
The meeting was attended by the chairmen of the 16 local government councils and their treasurers, Permanent Secretary of the State Ministry of Finance and that of Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs as well as the Chairperson of the Local Government Service Commission.
Leaders of labour unions in the State including Nigeria Labour Congress, Nigeria Union of Teachers, Nigerian Union of Local Government Employees, and Trade Union Congress were also present at the meeting.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign