The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has arrested its airmen allegedly involved in a fracas that resulted to the death of two persons at Mabera area in Sokoto State.
It was gathered that the service was disturbed by the alleged killing of the civilians on October 20, 2019 as reported by an online newspaper Daily Nigerian.
The arrest of the NAF personnel was confirmed in a tweet by the spokesperson of the Nigerian Airforce, Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola which reads: “Following the HQ NAF directives, the airmen involved in the fracas have been placed on close arrest pending the outcome of the investigation.”
The NAF reiterated its zero tolerance for violence against civilians, hence it would not condone acts of ‘brutality, harassment and inhumanity’ meted out to ordinary and harmless persons by its officers and men.
In a recent statement Daramola said: ““It is pertinent to reiterate that the NAF is a highly disciplined and professional force that does not tolerate or condone acts of indiscipline or violations of human rights of citizens. Therefore, every NAF personnel found guilty of misdemeanor, in the past, had always been dealt with in accordance extant laws and the general public duly informed.”
NAF is currently investigating the matter with a view to ascertaining the facts as well as establishing the degree of involvement of its personnel.
- BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- COVID-19: UK records death of another medical doctor
- Buhari wishes PM Boris Johnson quick recovery
- COVID-19 is real, Iba of Kishi sensitizes subjects
- It is no time to panic, Gov. Abdulrazaq tells Kwarans
- COVID-19: Kwara begins contact tracing of 75 persons
- FG suspends payment of interest on debts owed by state govts
- Gov. Ayade imposes N300,000 fine for mask-usage refusal
- How Gov. Seyi Makinde got cured from coronavirus infection
- Buhari hails Amb. Boladei Igali at 60
News3 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education5 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics6 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen