Chairman, National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, NAHCON, Alhaji Abdullahi Mukhtar Muhammad, has congratulated the Saudi Arabian government for successfully hosting pilgrims from all over the world in the 2019 Hajj season.
Muhammad, according to a statement by the NAHCON’s Head of Public Affairs, Hajia Fatima Sanda Usara, gave the commendation on the heels of the recently concluded Minah Hajj rites which ended peacefully, and pilgrims returned safely to Makkah.
He particularly praised the Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah “for the professional handling of the activities which resulted in a hitch-free exercise”.
The NAHCON chairman also extolled the Establishment of Mutawwifs for pilgrims from African non-Arab countries, popularly referred to as Mu’assasah, for the excellent arrangement in Minah and Arafat that helped to enhance the comfort of Nigerian pilgrims in the tents, especially with the provision of air conditioning units at no extra cost at all on the pilgrims.
“Their well-organized service teams that were placed on standby to attend to the pilgrims throughout the period deserves appreciation.
“Similar recognition was made of the General Car Syndicate and other transport companies that moved all pilgrims within stipulated time and brought them back without delay”, he stated.
Muhammad also commended the conduct of Nigerian pilgrims and their officials “who displayed decorum and abided by the rules and regulations of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia”.
“This indeed made Nigeria proud”, the NAHCON boss enthused.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal