The naira was stable at N388 per dollar at the parallel market Wednesday.
Survey revealed that while the parallel market exchange rates ranged from N383 per dollar to N389 per dollar, the average closing rate is N388 per dollar at the close of business Wednesday.
Meanwhile the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is expected to sell $20,000 to each of the over 3000 bureaux de change, hence boosting dollar supply and hopes of further naira appreciation before the end of the week.
Also the apex bank yesterday however indicated intention to sell undisclosed amount dollars to banks to settle a backlog of demand for airlines, fuel and raw material imports.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign