US House Speaker and next in line to be president if Donald Trump and vice president Mike Pence become incapacitated, Nancy Pelosi, has revealed she has not been briefed on Trump’s health since his Covid-19 diagnosis.
The US President is at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center undergoing treatment for covid-19 after being moved there Friday October 2.
In a news conference Sunday, Trump’s doctors said that even though the President has had at least two concerning drops in oxygen levels, they are hoping he could be discharged as early as Monday.
Pelosi said Sunday that the doctors treating Trump must provide trustworthy information to the American public.
“We have to have confidence in the judgment of the doctors who are treating him, that not only do they give a presentation — notice, when they give a presentation to the press, it has to be approved by the President,” she said, adding: “That’s not very scientific.”
She then revealed she wasn’t getting updates about Trump’s health status.
“We’re getting our information the way everyone else is — in the media,” Pelosi said during an interview on CBS’ “Face the Nation” on Sunday night.
“But in terms of the succession, that’s an ongoing process. Sadly at this time, it comes to the forefront.”
Pelosi, who tested negative for Covid-19 on Friday, added that she’s praying for “good health” and a “speedy recovery” for Trump while hoping that the episode will serve as “a signal that we really have to do better in preventing the spread of this virus.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections