Mr Daniel Ogazi, the Chairman of the Committee made the call when the management of the institution appeared before it on Wednesday in Lafia to explain its 2022 budget performance.
He assured the university management of the committee’s continued support to enable them succeed in tackling the challenges facing the institution.
” We will continue to do our best in ensuring improved standard of education.
” We are urging the state government to take over the salary of the staff of the university,” Ogazi said.
The Vice Chancellor of the university, Prof. Suleiman Bala- Mohammed, commended the committee for its support to the institution over the years.
He, however, said that the institution’s revenue performance in the last six months was adversely affected by the national industrial action embarked upon by the university unions.
Bala-Mohammed also said that paucity of funds had affected personnel cost as management had to augment up to 57 per cent from its internally generated revenue for staff salary monthly.
The vice chancellor, therefore, appealed for the state government to fully take over the payment of staff salaries as a lasting solution to the university’s financial challenge.
” The Education Committee should intervene in the industrial crisis brewing on campus which is apparently suppressed by the national strike,” he said.
He appreciated Gov. Abdullahi Sule for his efforts in developing the education sector of the state and called for its sustenance.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law
- APC Chieftain lauds Faleke’s appointment as Secretary of APC Presidential Campaign
- Transform Raw Materials To Finished and Revenue Generating Product – FG
- Afritel trains journalists on good governance, accountability reporting
- Soludo suspends LG chairman over wife’s death
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq