Nasarawa Permanent Secretary kidnapped
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works in Nasarawa State, Alhaji Jibrin Giza, was in the early hours of Sunday, abducted by yet-to-be-identified gunmen.
Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Bola Longe, confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria in Lafia.
Longe told NAN that the permanent secretary was abducted by gunmen from his residence at Shabu, a suburb of Lafia about 12:40 a.m., to an unknown destination.
According to the CP, the DPO in the area had already mobilised some officers and men who are on the trail of the fleeing abductors and their victims.
Longe added that he had ordered the DCP Operations, Officer in Charge of Special Anti-Robbery Squad, OC Counter-Terrorism, and Commander Police Mobile Force 58, to comb the area to ensure the safe rescue of the victim and arrest of his abductors.
He also vowed that the command would not rest on its oars until the victim regains his freedom.
Longe further said that the abductors were yet to establish any contact with the victim’s family.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- DSS confirms plot by disgruntled elements for Interim Government
- Naira gains, exchanges N461.24 against dollar
- Buhari approves appointment of 6 new Perm Secs.
- Gawuna accepts defeat, congratulates Kano Gov-elect
- Senate urges banks to resume operations in Akwa Ibom
- Man arrested for allegedly raping 9-month-old baby in Lagos
- One Judge dismissed, two others demoted in Niger state
- OYO SUBEB Monitors Unified Exams
- I won’t run from EFCC after handover — Wike
- NASS prescribes 5-yr jail term for defaulters in Fed Audit Bill