The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works in Nasarawa State, Alhaji Jibrin Giza, was in the early hours of Sunday, abducted by yet-to-be-identified gunmen.
Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Bola Longe, confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria in Lafia.
Longe told NAN that the permanent secretary was abducted by gunmen from his residence at Shabu, a suburb of Lafia about 12:40 a.m., to an unknown destination.
According to the CP, the DPO in the area had already mobilised some officers and men who are on the trail of the fleeing abductors and their victims.
Longe added that he had ordered the DCP Operations, Officer in Charge of Special Anti-Robbery Squad, OC Counter-Terrorism, and Commander Police Mobile Force 58, to comb the area to ensure the safe rescue of the victim and arrest of his abductors.
He also vowed that the command would not rest on its oars until the victim regains his freedom.
Longe further said that the abductors were yet to establish any contact with the victim’s family.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner