The Nasarawa State House of Assembly Committee on Education has called for the employment of more primary school teachers in order to improve the standard of basic education in the state.
Mr Daniel Ogazi, the Chairman of the committee, made the appeal when management of the State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) appeared before the committee on its 2022 budget performance on Thursday in Lafia.
He said that the standard of primary education was falling, hence the need for government to take proactive measures in order to restore the lost glory of primary education in the state.
Ogazi said that primary schools across the state lack teachers for quality and sound education to thrive, hence the need for government to do more in that area just as it is doing presently at the secondary level.
“There is the need for all hands to be on the deck in order to address the challenges facing primary education in the state.
“We need teachers in the primary schools; since 2011 to date, teachers have been retiring, some died and some resigned voluntarily.
“We need to fill the gap by recruiting competent hands in the interest of our children and the state at large,” he said.
Ogazi urged the management of SUBEB to intensify efforts in the supervision of schools for the overall development of the state.
He also assured of the committee’s continuous readiness to collaborate with the state government and other stakeholders for improved standard of education at the grassroots.
“We want to appreciate you and the governor for the support the board has been enjoying in the state.
“We want to assure you that we will continue to do the right things for the overall development of the primary education,” said Dan’azumi.
The chairman also solicited for the intervention of the committee for the employment of teachers and to tackle other challenges facing primary education in the
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law
- APC Chieftain lauds Faleke’s appointment as Secretary of APC Presidential Campaign
- Transform Raw Materials To Finished and Revenue Generating Product – FG
- Afritel trains journalists on good governance, accountability reporting
- Soludo suspends LG chairman over wife’s death
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq