The Nasarawa State Government, on Friday, said it had suspended the Secretary of the state scholarship board, Abdulwahab Suleiman for alleged missing of fund.
The Secretary to the Nasarawa State Government, Mallam Mohammed Abdullahi, made this disclosure in a statement he made available to newsmen in Lafia.
He said the suspension, which took immediate effect, would give room for the repositioning of the board to enhance effective service delivery.
When contacted, both the suspended secretary and the state Commissioner for Education, Mallam Tijjani Ahmed, for their reactions, the duo declined comments on the matter.
The two government officials, however, said they would not say anything on the issue since the police had started investigation into the matter.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Idrisu Kennedy, confirmed that the case had been reported to the state police command and investigation had since commenced.
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63
- Breaking …New Emir emerged in Dutse, Muhammadu Hameem
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget