Security agents on Tuesday, barricaded the residences of the presiding officers of the Senate.
Our correspondent learnt that security operatives besieged the Maitama, Abuja residence of the Senate President, Bukola Saraki as early as 7am and blocked his convoy as he was set to honour the police invitation.at the force headquarters.
Simultaneously, a combined team of Police, DSS, and EFCC also stormed the Apo Legislative Quarters of the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, who is expected to preside at the Senate in the absence of Saraki.
The Special Adviser (media) to the deputy senate president, Uche Anichukwu, confirmed the development in a chat with our correspondent.
He said, “The Operatives from the DSS, EFCC and some policemen in their scores have barricaded the residence of Senator Ekweremadu at his Apo legislative quarters.
“He is preparing to preside over the Senate in the absence of the Senate President who has been invited by the police.”
An aide of the Senate President who refused to be quoted said, “The siege is still on as of 8:30am when I got there and I can not even confirm the whereabouts of my boss at the moment.
“The implication of both actions is that the Senate will not sit today if the two presiding officers were still deprived of their freedom of movement or arrested before plenary which starts at 9am.
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63