There was a mild drama at the Wuse, Zone 2 Magistrate Court Abuja this morning March 2, as a traditional spiritual leader dressed in full regalia accompanied human rights activist, Omoyele Sowore in solidarity for the commencement of his trial.
Sowore was arrested alongside four others on December 31m 2020, for organizing a candlelight procession and charged for alleged criminal conspiracy, unlawful assembly, and inciting public disturbance. The commencement of his trial was scheduled for today.
The native doctor was seen waving his horsewhip and gourd in the air while chanting some incantations ahead of the commencement of trial.
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi