President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the constitution of a National Humanitarian Coordination Committee to oversee all humanitarian actions in Nigeria.
The retired major general said Vice President Yemi Osinbajo would inaugurate the committee.
According to the president, the committee would be chaired by the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajiya Sadiya Farouq; and have the National Security Adviser, Babagana Monguno, as co-Chairman.
He said, “The committee will, among other things, provide a national vision for humanitarian actions, advise on coordination between the security services and humanitarian actors, and settle disputes that may arise from interactions between security services and the humanitarian community.
“The committee will also propose policies that enhance coordination and seamless delivery of humanitarian aid to affected communities, facilitate the delivery of humanitarian interventions to vulnerable persons, and promote transparency and accountability in all aspects of humanitarian delivery in the country.”
- COVID-19: Message from NACCIMA National President to members
- Covid-19: Dangote donates 600-bed isolation centres to Kano govt
- CORONAVIRUS: Read 65-paragraph address delivered by Buhari
- BREAKING….. COVID-19 HAS NO CURE FOR NOW—- Buhari
- Kwara governor breaks silence, donates 10months salaries to Covid-19 support
- 55yr-old Medical Consultant dies of coronavirus
- BREAKING…… “Unfortunately, I tested positive for coronavirus infection”
- SAD….Covid-19: 54yr-old minister allegedly commits suicide
- Covid-19: Buhari addresses Nigerians tonight
- Coronavirus: Immigration Comptroller General tests positive
News2 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education4 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics5 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen