No fewer than 22 illegal refineries and oil wells have been destroyed by the Nigerian Navy in an operation in the Ogu Bolo area of Rivers State.
Our correspondent learnt that the NNS, in a patrol team from FOB BONNY, destroyed 22 illegal refineries and 10 dug out wells in the area.
Some six Cotonou boats carrying away suspected stolen crude were also waylaid by the patrol team.
The Director of Information, NNS, Commodore Christian Ezekobe, said in a statement that oil theft in the Niger Delta was a menace, adding that the service would ensure zero tolerance.
He said, “A patrol team from FOB BONNY raided Bolo and the adjoining creeks. During the raid, the team destroyed 12 illegal refinery sites, six Cotonou boats carrying suspected crude oil and 20 tanks laden with suspected illegally refined diesel.
“Other items destroyed include six tanks laden with crude oil as well as one speedboat laden with diesel. Ten dug out wells used for storage of suspected crude oil were also destroyed.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate