No fewer than 22 illegal refineries and oil wells have been destroyed by the Nigerian Navy in an operation in the Ogu Bolo area of Rivers State.
Our correspondent learnt that the NNS, in a patrol team from FOB BONNY, destroyed 22 illegal refineries and 10 dug out wells in the area.
Some six Cotonou boats carrying away suspected stolen crude were also waylaid by the patrol team.
The Director of Information, NNS, Commodore Christian Ezekobe, said in a statement that oil theft in the Niger Delta was a menace, adding that the service would ensure zero tolerance.
He said, “A patrol team from FOB BONNY raided Bolo and the adjoining creeks. During the raid, the team destroyed 12 illegal refinery sites, six Cotonou boats carrying suspected crude oil and 20 tanks laden with suspected illegally refined diesel.
“Other items destroyed include six tanks laden with crude oil as well as one speedboat laden with diesel. Ten dug out wells used for storage of suspected crude oil were also destroyed.”
- Man United massively transformed under Ten Hag – De Gea
- Naira redesign: Don’t make Nigerians scapegoats, says Atiku
- Court stops PDP from suspending Wike
- Katsina rally: Tinubu gives reason for ‘low key’ campaign
- APC will win 2023 election– Fashola
- FG vows to increase workers’ minimum wage
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote