The Director General of the National Broadcasting Commission, (NBC), Mallam Ishaq Modibbo Kawu, on Wednesday disclosed that the agency will not hesitate clamping down any broadcasting station that violates the ethics of media practice in Nigeria.
Kawu stated this in Ilorin at a media parliament organised by the Nigeria Union of Journalists, Kwara State Council with the theme : ” Digitization of Broadcast: The Place of Nigeria.”
The NBC boss also condemned the proliferation of hate speeches and campaigns by some media organisations adding that, “NBC is committed to engendering national peace and unity through broacsting. ”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Buhari’s Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen, withdraws from Senatorial race
- Stirke: UNILORIN VC sends strong message to FG, ASUU
- Ekiti guber race: I’m committed to APC’s victory at poll—Bamidele
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES