The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) will tomorrow (Wednesday) commission the switch-on of the Digital Terrestrial Television Services in Ilorin, the Kwara State.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the programme will also be held in Kaduna on Friday.
While answering questions from journalists in Ilorin on Tuesday, NBC Director – General, Mallam Is’haq Moddibo Kawu, disclosed that the commission was doing a phase roll out of digital switch over in the country adding that of Ilorin and Kaduna is next.
According to him , “that of Ilorin and Kaduna would complete the digital switch over in six states including that of Abuja which commenced in April last year and by next year, six more states would be identified and commissioned until the entire country is covered.
“The commissioning of the switch on in Kaduna which is been handled by Pinnacle Communications would coincide with the one hundred anniversary of the creation of Kaduna State and first anniversary of the Abuja launch.”
Part of the advantages of the project according to the DG, is that “the picture quality of the television viewers will be enhanced and the content provision will be wider and would also provide employment opportunities.”
Finding revealed that the project in Ilorin was handled by Integrated Telecommunications Services (ITS) and the commissioning will take place at the premises of the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) Ilorin.
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house
- NiMet alerts on thick dust haze in Kano, Katsina, others
- Naira redesigned: Maximum cash withdrawal now N100,000