NBC warns against using children for political advert
The National Broadcasting Commission has called on all stakeholders to desist from using children images for political advertisement.
NBC Director-General, Balarabe Ilelah, made the call in Abuja during a stakeholders’ meeting.
According to the News Agency of Nigeria, Ilelah condemned the usage of children in political advertisements by politicians and the way broadcasters air such adverts in negation of Section 7.7.1(d) of the code. He urged them to critically appraise the performance of broadcasters in the area of children programming to come up with a holistic policy direction.
He also expressed concern on how children’s local contents had not been receiving the required attention by sponsors, producers and the broadcasters.
He said, “Instead of developing local content, some broadcasters still rely on foreign children’s content, particularly cartoons which often are laced with themes of violence and immorality.
“NBC is deeply concerned about how some provisions under Chapter Four of the NBC code are being ignored or deliberately violated by broadcast outfits.
“Let me refer you to Section 4.2.2 (k) which requires broadcasters to devote at least 10 per cent of their total airtime to children programmes.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
- No clandestine meeting between Oriwoola, Tinubu– Onanuga
- I won election before without Peter Obi – Alex Otti
- IESA welcomes Alfanla’s emergence as UNILORIN’s Registrar-designate
- My suspension by Ayu last kick of a dead horse — Fayose
- 10th NASS: Experience, competence should be criteria for leadership positions —-Bamidele
- Nigeria Air to Take-off Before End of Buhari’s Administration—-Sirika
- NSIB Sets To Release Report Soon–– DG
- Ekweremadu, wife, doctor found guilty of organ trafficking