The NCDC disclosed this on its official Twitter handle on Thursday.
The country has tested 1,601,396 people since the first confirmed case relating to the COVID-19 pandemic was announced on Feb. 27, 2020.
The health agency sadly reported eight COVID-19 additional deaths, raising the total fatality in the country to 2,001.
The NCDC stated that the new infections were registered across 17 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) in the last 24 hours.
It said that Lagos state, recorded 107 new cases, followed by Kwara-26, Akwa Ibom-23, Bauchi-22, Ogun-21, Rivers-19, Kaduna-14 and FCT-11.
Other states that reported new infections included Abia-8, Edo-8, Ekiti-6, Kano-5, Gombe-4, Osun-4, Oyo-3, Plateau-3, Nasarawa-2 and Delta-1.
The agency said that 142,404 people were discharged, after testing negative to the virus.
It disclosed that 2,421 people had been successfully treated and discharged in the last 24 hours.
According to it, the discharged today include 1,858 community recoveries in FCT and 259 community recoveries in Lagos State managed in line with extant guidelines.
The health agency said that the country ‘s active cases stood at 15,528, across the country, while active cases caseload dropped by 2,142.
The NCDC said that a multi-sectoral national Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), activated at Level 3, had continued to coordinate the national response activities.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign