The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has recorded 463 new COVID-19 cases in the country as total infections rose to 33,616.
The NCDC made this known on its official twitter handle on Tuesday.
The NCDC said that as at the July, 14, there were 463 new confirmed cases and 10 deaths recorded in the country.
The agency stated that till date, 33,616 cases had been confirmed, 13,792 cases discharged and 754 deaths had been recorded in 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory.
It stated that the 463 new cases were reported from 17 states.
The NCDC stated that 128 of the new cases were reported in Lagos, 92 in Kwara and 39 in Enugu .
Ohers states with cases were Delta (33), Edo (29), Plateau (28), Kaduna (23), Oyo (15), Ogun (14), Osun (14), FCT (12), Ondo (9), Rivers (9), Abia (8), Bayelsa (5), Ekiti (3), and Borno (2).
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the health agency advised Nigerians to always wear a mask before leaving their homes.
It noted that the wearing of face mask appropriately could help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The agency reminded Nigerians that wearing face shield only could not protect from COVID-19, it must always be worn with a mask. (NAN)
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Train attack victims: FG reveals details on alleged ransome paid
- AbdulRazaq greets Muslims, attends Kwara’s annual Maulid celebration
- Buhari presents N20.51trn 2023 budget to National Assembly
- Gbajabiamila Pledges Timely Passage of 2023 Budget
- Al-Hikmah varsity Founder offers scholarships to late Sheikh Aboto’s children
- Oil theft has put economic diversification under serious threat—-Lawan
- BREAKING…Appeal Court orders ASUU to call off strike
- Buhari makes last budget presentation as president
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday