The agency’s statistics showed that 2,065 Coronavirus related deaths had been recorded across the 36 states of the Federation and FCT since the beginning of the pandemic in Nigeria.
The NCDC said that 52 new COVID-19 infections were registered as of Wednesday evening.
The agency said that the newly recorded COVID-19 cases were reported across six states and the FCT.
“Today’s report includes data from Taraba, recorded between April 22 and May 4, 2021,” it noted.
According to the report, Taraba led with 18 new infections, FCT recorded nine, Rivers –nine, Lagos- seven, Akwa Ibom – six, Kano- two and Kaduna – one.
The NCDC noted that with the additional infections, the cumulative COVID-19 caseload in the country stood at 165,273.
The health agency added that since the pandemic broke out in the country in February 2020, the nation had carried out 1,939,165 million tests in the 36 states of the federation including FCT.
It also disclosed that the country’s recovery rate had increased in the last 24 hours, with additional 32 people recovering and being discharged from isolation centers across the country.
This brings the total number of discharged cases to 155,403.
The NCDC said that a multi-sectoral national Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), activated at Level 3, had continued to coordinate the national response activities
Meanwhile, the agency stated that COVID-19 post arrival test is mandatory for all travellers arriving into country adding that they must also observe a seven-day self-isolation at their final destination.
It also insisted that a Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test must be carried out on the seventh day of arrival at a selected accredited private laboratory in the country.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kwara: EFCC Arrests Two Clerics, Five Suspected Fraudsters In Hotel
- Customs generates N1.293trn revenue in six months –Official
- Police arrest father over daughter’s death in Kogi
- Aisha Wakil a.ka. ‘Mama Boko Haram, 2 others sentenced to 7yrs jailterm
- Cameroon seeks AIB-N support on aircraft accident investigation
- Professionalism, training motivation, support are catalyst for transformed education system– Stakeholders
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law