The acting Director of Finance and Accounts of the Niger Delta Development Commission, (NDDC), Chief Ibanga Bassey Etang, who was recently approved to undergo probe over alleged fraud is dead.
Etang is said to have died at the Braithwaite Memorial Hospital (BMH), in Port Harcourt after he allegedly took ill and gasping for breath at about 2am, Thursday before being rushed to the health facility.
According to an insider source prevy to the development, the cause of death is yet to be determined.
This development is said to have occured following a directive from Abuja, with a view to testing and finding out the true cause of death.
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants