NDIC Managing Director Mr. Bello Hassan revealed this on Friday in Enugu during the 33rd Enugu International Fair.
Hassan also said that a total of N101. 117 billion had been paid as uninsured sums.
According to him, the corporation has declared full payment of insured and uninsured sums to depositors of 18 banks in liquidation.
“This implies that the corporation has made liquidation dividends to pay all bank depositors who show up for payment.
“The corporation has been quick to respond to emerging issues in the rise of Fintech and other forms of digital government services with a view to extending Deposit Insurance Coverage to new government services.
“I assure you that NDIC will not rest on its oars in its tireless efforts to protect depositors through swift operational responses to new developments in the banking system,” he said.
He said the NDIC’s mandate focuses on protecting depositors, especially small and less sophisticated ones, against the risk of bank failure.
He said that a solid and stable official system is the axis on which the economic system of any nation rests.
Hassan urged Nigerians to always save money in authorized banks where their savings are protected.
“People should also endeavor to report cases of dubious activity from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the NDIC via 080063424357,” Hassan said.
Earlier, the chairman of the Enugu Chamber of Commerce, Industries, Mines and Agriculture (ECCIMA), Mr. Jasper Nduagwuike, said that the NDIC had carried out its duties effectively.
Nduagwuike said that the corporation, through its excellent interventions, made people forget about the negative effects of the bank failure.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Buhari’s Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen, withdraws from Senatorial race
- Stirke: UNILORIN VC sends strong message to FG, ASUU
- Ekiti guber race: I’m committed to APC’s victory at poll—Bamidele
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES