A 28-year-old man, Akanni Olapade, has been charged before a Federal High Court Lagos, for allegedly peddling “restricted narcotics”.
The accused person was charged to court on one-count of drug trafficking in the charge marked FHC/L/239c/2021 by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) on Monday, ROYAL NEWS reports.
The prosecutor, Mr Jeremiah Aernan alleged that the defendant committed the offences on Sept. 26.
He alleged that the defendant was arrested at Bolar Moke-Afa in the Isolo area of Lagos, for unlawfully dealing in hemp weighing 800 grammes.
According to the prosecution, cannabis is classified as a banned narcotic similar to Cocaine, Heroine and other restricted hard drugs listed in the NDLEA schedule as prohibited substances.
The offence of drug trafficking contravenes the provisions of Section 11(c) of the NDLEA Act, Cap N30, Law of the Federation 2004.
The Act stipulates a penalty of life imprisonment if convicted of the offence.
No date has been fixed for arraignment of the defendant.
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution