National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), has paraded suspects who were arrested with a vehicle loaded with 2,947kg drugs worth millions of Naira in Plateau.
The NDLEA Commander, Ibrahim Braji, said the agency embarked on massive raids of notorious communities in its desire to fight the activities of drug barons and other crimes in Plateau State.
Braji also revealed that the agency has recently arrested seven persons in connection with the crime.
According to him, those arrested were Simon Ugwu, John Sunday, Peter Tanimu, Promise Godgift, Abdul Abdul, Musa Sabo (Driver) and Awwal Mohammed.
He said the vehicle in question, with plate Read also: Jigawa police parades 3 suspected arm-robbers number XW 427KMC, was conveying the accused and the drugs when it was intercepted by the agency’s officials.
Braji also said the command will continue in its fight to raid areas where activities of drugs users, sellers and barons are reported in the state.
He, however, charged members of the public to cooperate with the agency by giving useful information on the activities of drug peddlers in the state. Read also: Afghanistan’s only female governor Impeached
- NatureNews Targets 5bn Trees Plantation by 2030, Unveils ‘NaijaGreenProject’ Initiative
- NLC suspends nationwide protest
- Names of Tinubu’s aides following him to Qatar revealed (See List)
- Group petitions Tinubu, others over N20bn LGs fraud in Benue
- Banks to face N1trn recapitalization as Senate plans six years term for CBN Gov.
- BREAKING….Senate begins probe of Ajaokuta Steel Coy, NIOMCO over $496m payment
- (VIDEO) Vigilantes rescue abducted victims, kill one kidnapper, apprehend others in Kwara
- IOC’s Divestment: We Facilitate, Not Hinder Process — NNPCL
- Introduce Food Stamps prog to tackle hunger, Senate urges FG
- Senate confirms Bakari as NFIU director