The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency Osun Command said it confiscated 19 sacks of hemp (cannabis sativa), in Ifewara town, Osun State, following an intelligence report.
According to the News Agency of Nigeria, NDLEA’s state Commandant, Mr. Samuel Egbeola, made this known in a statement on Saturday.
Egbeola said the operatives of the agency confiscated the sacks containing 272 kgs of hemp on Thursday in the town.
He said the operatives of the agency were able to achieve the feat through intelligence gathering.
He added that a suspect was also arrested in connection with the seized drug.
“Intelligence on this seizure was given by good people of the state and we solicit for more of this from them. An investigation has, however, commenced on the seizure. We are always ready to achieve our mandate of making the state a drug-free state,” he said.
Egbeola assured the people of the state that the agency would not relent in its efforts to end illicit drug trafficking.
He called on members of the public to cooperate with the agency by always giving useful information that would lead to the arrest of anyone involved in hemp cultivation, sale and distribution.
“We are appealing to the people of the state to always volunteer information on cannabis plantations to the NDLEA. Our office is always open; so people with useful information are always welcome at any time so we can all work together in ensuring a drug-free state.
“It is our mandate to rid the state of illicit drugs and this can only be made possible with the support and cooperation of the people,” he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- FAAN inaugurates App for airport taxi
- LASU aims to become best varsity in W’Africa — VC
- Poverty not for any true child of God— RCCG Pastor
- Tinubu was never a minister, Osinbajo was commissioner when I was Speaker— Amaechi
- With your support, I will win – Tinubu tells Bauchi delegates
- Why Kano APC Delegates Should Vote Me — Amaechi
- APC Governorship aspirant resigns from party
- Court sentences 27yr-old student for illicit drug trafficking
- Breaking….. Buhari orders embattled Accountant-General’s suspension
- Deborah: Stop escalation of jungle justice across Nigeria, govt urged